Published Wednesday May 16th, 2012
We had a great week at DFC in spite it involving the Memorial service for one of our members Sunday afternoon. The message at service center around God wanting to hear from us and have a relationship with us even though we may not feel worthy or have the most intellectual things to say to Him. I am thankful that through the ministry of DFC my friend Deborah was able to experience this truth. I am also glad that she was willing to share with her friends and family the difference this church & God was making in her life.
Wish she was going to be here this week to celebrate with our church some great news, but I guess she has more to celebrate where she is now.
See you Sunday.
Published Wednesday May 9th, 2012
Do you ever stop and consider what impression you give people? Whether it’s a first impression, or the impression that long time co-workers or friends have of you. I think sometimes we can live with a “forget you” attitude and we don’t care what people think about us.
We don’t need to worry about being perfect, no one is perfect, but we do need to make sure our attitude reflects that we realize that we are not. It took a lot for God to forgive our sins (the death of His Son), that’s how imperfect you are. When we give the impression that we recognize this it’s easier for people to tolerate, listen to, and follow us to Jesus. And isn’t that ultimately our goal as Christ followers.
“But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.” 1 Timothy 1:16
Published Friday April 6th, 2012
This world is JACKED UP and so are we, if you need proof then look no farther than Good Friday. Today we remember just how much was required to pay the debt of sin. You can’t take the death and suffering out of the Good News but the story doesn’t end on Friday. Sunday is coming, and on Sunday we celebrate the resurrection and the hope that we have to overcome this JACKED UP world.
Don’t miss service this Easter at DFC and don’t come alone. We begin this series and discover that we do not have to be ALL JACKED UP.
Published Tuesday February 7th, 2012
So thankful that God is able to do amazing things with imperfect people in imperfect marriages. Man vs Wife is in full swing and so many are finding help for their relationships while still others are on the brink of calling it quits.
Pray that God will show us the path to healing as we prepare for week 3, and praise Him for the 5 people who have accepted Jesus as their Savior during the last 2 weeks.
Published Monday March 15th, 2010
It seems a shame for DFC to stop being portable since our people do such a great job of transforming the VFW each week. We had a great day Sunday even after loosing an hour of sleep, and staying out at the Relay for Life fundraiser late Saturday night.
It is cool to serve with so many people who are eager to help with a worthy cause, whether its at Discovery, or in the community.
Maybe the best thing about moving Uptown will be our visible presence in Collinsville. I can’t wait to see what God is going to do in this community through us.
Published Wednesday November 11th, 2009
Sometimes I am reminded that we are in enemy territory. I am blessed with healthy kids, a wife that loves me, a job that doesn’t drive me crazy. I know these are good things, and though not perfect, I wouldn’t trade them.
This week at service it seemed that there was a lot of pain . I heard about several different situations that people were going through that made realize/remember just how much we need God. It reminded me of the old John Wayne type movies that had that army outpost that was out in hostile territory. It was the place that people could run to when trouble was coming, it was a refuge. (I am not getting political with Native American stereotyping)
We finished the Religion Bites series Sunday by saying that people don’t need rules to follow, they need a relationship with Jesus. We are here in this world where there is sickness and death, evil and pain, and people who need love and forgiveness. God provides the refuge by the power of His Spirit and has chosen the church as His outpost in this world.
I hope that we keep that kind of attitude at DFC. I hope that we will ‘Be His Hands and Feet’ in this hostile world.
Published Tuesday October 20th, 2009
We had an awesome day with two people praying to receive Christ. I cannot get over this stuff.
This week I’m thinking:
- Our people get the job done. We had several people out of town this week, but we didn’t skip a beat. I love serving in this church, with these people.
- I love the first message of a series and I can’t wait for them to start. I usually feel pressure because I want them to get started well, maybe that makes the difference.
- Seeing people invite their friends to service jacks me up.
- Growth Groups will stretch people. Our Saturday night group was great and had me up late working on Sunday’s message, I’m convinced it became clearer in my mind because of it.
- God is awesome because He allows us to tell the story He of what He is doing in our lives.
- I hope I never become religious.
- I am ready for next Sunday.
Published Tuesday September 29th, 2009
It was a great weekend @ DFC, it made me think:
- There was a wild party/wedding reception Saturday night at the VFW. Extra work for VFW staff and also for our volunteers but no complaints about the work.
- I love unloading to the smell of stale beer and cigarette butts, and I am thankful that the smoke is outside.
- The show won’t go on without the roadies. These guys blow me away, w/ Dan coming in to set up and do sound check before going to see his Packers take care of business against the Rams. (Lets see if the Rams can make good use of that #1 pick, I doubt it.)
- Cool day w/ a baby dedication for Bree and Keith, always good to see parents to commit to do right by their children and God.
- Larry can sing when he can’t even talk, you should have heard him when he showed up, he was worried. Great job – Thanks God
- Great crowd at service. Goodbye Summer.
- Getting used to the lights turned down. Wish we had a bit more control of the lighting but it could be worse.
- This is a great series and the right message for the day, as a result there are 2 NEW CHRIST FOLLOWERS. God is Awesome.
- People need to check out Growth Groups. Great stories from lots of people.
- I love this place